Bananas: whether you love them or hate them, you can’t deny that banana bread is delicious! Warm out of the oven, paired with a little butter spread on the top, with some ice cream or with your morning coffee (as I’m doing right now….) banana bread is a homemade, baked-good staple.
I was really excited that my baking blog project inspired my roommate to whip out her mom’s banana bread recipe so we could bake a bed-time snack. After Ginny determined that the bananas sitting on-top of our fridge were at prime mushy-ness, she called her mom to get the recipe, and we got to baking!
(For this recipe, you’ll need a bread pan)
Awesome Banana Bread
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream the sugar and shortening together
- Add eggs
- In a separate bowl, mix together milk, baking soda, flour, salt and vanilla (and cinnamon and pecans if you’d like)
- Add all ingredients together, and mix well.
- Pour into a greased bread pan
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the center is no longer gooey.
Do you guys have any favorite banana bread recipes? Or any bread recipes, for that matter? (I’m currently on the hunt for a good zucchini bread recipe!) Please, leave a comment or email me at: itsacakewalkblog (at) gmail (dot) com
Happy baking! It’s a cake walk!