I was cruising around Perez Hilton’s website today and I saw this recipe, just in time for Easter! Personally, I am not a fan of Peeps (except for the homemade ones at Krause’s Candy in Saugerties, NY Mmmmmm) but I couldn’t pass up posting this fun and quirky recipe for Easter celebrations this Sunday. Peeps pie is a great dessert for anyone you know who just can’t get enough of those adorable, sugar covered chicks
10 marshmallow Peeps
1/4 heavy cream (for pie filling)
2 Tablespoons flour
1 package of mini graham cracker crusts
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 cups heavy cream (to make topping)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Place Peeps in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, until peeps fluff up.
- When peeps are done, immediately remove from microwave and beat in egg.
- Add flour and 1/4 cup of heavy cream to bowl.
- Spoon mixture in mini crusts, but don’t over fill! Leave a small amount of crusts visible at the top
- Place crusts on a baking sheet, bake for 18-20 minutes, until pie centers are set (no longer jiggly, as I say).
- Remove pies from oven a let cool.
- With remaining 1 1/4 cups cream, beat cream and sugar together to make whipped cream.
- Decorate cooled pies with whipped cream and extra peeps.
I really hope someone tries this recipe and sends in pictures… unfortunately since it’s still Passover, I can’t have graham crackers :( and my friends are not a fan of Peeps so I can’t make them eat this dessert. But I am super curious as to how it looks/tastes. What are your favorite Easter recipes?
Happy Easter everyone! Happy baking, and remember–it’s a cake walk!